If you are interested in helping your state adopt a "3 Foot Law," please read Brian Faller's summary of the effort in his state of Washington. Brian also includes the text in the other states' laws. Good work.
Thank you Brian.
- Cyclists Have New Tool to Educate Motorists
- Perfect Gift for the Cyclist You Love
- New Backpack for Cyclists Sends a Polite Message to Motorists: '3 Feet Please'
- Cyclist Launches Website to Save Lives
- Defining a Three Feet Minimum Safe Passing Distance in Georgia
- South Dakota Bicycle Coalition Position Paper - Three Foot Passing Legislation
In 2009, 630 pedalcyclists were killed and an additional 51,000 were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Pedalcyclist deaths accounted for 2 percent of all motor vehicle traffic fatalities, and made up 2 percent of all the people injured in traffic crashes during the year.
The number of pedalcyclist fatalities in 2009 is 12 percent lower than the 718 pedalcyclists fatalities report in 2008.